Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The End is Here

This is it. Today is the last day of summer vacation. I'm sad. Is it really over, already??? This is the time of year, the only time of year, that I contemplate homeschooling. I like having my kids home.

To make it all worse for me this year, my sweet Grace is leaving me to start Kindergarten. Fortunately, she is excited about it. That helps. If she were not, I don't know what I would do. I might make the rash decision to just keep her home and do some schoolin' myself. I am a little worried about her though. She has always been more of the home body/mama's girl than the others. I just hope her excitement for school lasts the next 175 days.

Kristin, I'm not worried about. She'll be in 2nd grade this year. She has always loved school. She loves learning and loves her friends. She's also become quite the evangelist. As many of you know, we are public school folk. Since starting school, our mission field has really opened up, whereas before, we didn't really know any non-Christians. Kristin is not shy about asking her friends where/if they go to church and do they love Jesus or if they read the Bible. She even tried to witness to her little Jewish friend. You go girl! (yes, I did just say that).

I'll still have Elliott for a little while longer though. She will start a 2 day a week pre-K but will still be home with me for the remaining 3 days. I hope she's ok with that. I usually rely on all 3 girls to entertain each other that I may have to take a different approach with just one kid.


We have had a great summer though. It was short, but good. We did a lot of stuff. We camped, visited the sunshine state, went to the mountains, hit the pool any day we were home that was free of rain, had a week of VBS at our church. That's a lot for such a short summer. We were busy, but in a good way. I may be sad a little while once school starts, but I feel confident I'll get over it. With the new "balanced" calender our county has adopted, they'll get a whole week off come mid-September. Family fun plans are already in the works for that week.

Hey Maybe I'll have more time to blog once schools in! I know! You must be SO excited! :)


I've included some random summer fun pictures.


Elliott enjoying some chocolate ice cream at Mr. T's in Chattanooga, TN.



Grace got her face painted at a local farmers market we like to frequent on Saturdays.



The girls on their way to our neighborhood pool, something we did a lot of this hot, hot summer.




Kristin with a blackberry we picked while in the mountains in Helen, GA



The girls at Downtown Disney on a visit to my parents' house in FL.

Elliott turned 3 in June. She was very excited about it being her day!

1 comment:

  1. We have one more week, I am also a little sad about my Capps leaving for kindergarten. He is the one that has struggled socially, but thankfully the Lord has blessed us with the best kindergarten teacher you can get!!! :)

    ReplyDelete