Monday, October 25, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Strikes Again

It's seems that the best way to get a loose tooth out around here is to be haphazardly near mom and I'll eventually accidentally knock it out.

Grace lost her first tooth last night. The thing was practically dangling by a thread. Gross. You could see a small space between the tooth and gum. Grosser. I don't like pulling out teeth, even those that are perilously close to falling out all on their own. Even so, I was tying to pull a tooth of Kristin's last year, mainly because I was so tired of hearing her fuss about it bothering her, I forced her to let me give it a go. All the while she is pitching a fit as much as she possibly could while I had my hand in her mouth. As I kept trying to grip this teeny, tiny bottom tooth, I slipped and knocked out her top tooth with my fist. Needless to say, screaming and freaking out ensued. I laughed.

The accidental tooth knocking out of Grace's tooth was much less traumatic. We were all sitting around in the living room about to pray before bedtime when I got up off to floor and accidentally bumped Grace in the mouth with my knee (very gentle and yes, an accident). Next thing we know, she spits out her tooth. I have never seen a kid so excited to loose a tooth. She was pretty cute. The blood didn't even bother her like she thought it would. I think she was like, "hey! that didn't hurt a bit!" Her experience with loosing teeth comes from seeing her older sister freak out and act like we had pliers to teeth that had no business coming out. So, Grace, of course, thought this was how she was to behave. She's been very nervous about it coming out and wouldn't let us touch it. After it was all said and done though, she did great. She really likes the way she looks. Now I'm afraid she's going to be trying to get the other loose ones out before they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment