Thursday, June 16, 2011

Poems and Lemonade Stands


My girls were begging to have a lemonade stand. So, we had a lemonade stand. Kristin invited over a friend and so the 4 of them sat out in our front yard and hooted and hollered and cheered to get people to stop and buy some lemonade. They even made up a poem (I call it a cheer because it has a certain cadence to it but Kristin says it's a poem). It goes;

Lemonade *clap, clap, clap*
Crunchy ice * clap, clap, clap*
Sip it once, * clap, clap clap*
Sip it twice, * clap, clap, clap*
Lemonade, crunchy ice, sip it once, sip it twice
Turn around, touch the ground, kick the heat out of town,
FREEZE!

Maybe we have budding cheer leaders.

We stayed outside for 1 hour. I was hot. I was ready to kick the heat out of town and head to the pool. I tried to stay back from their stand a little since I figured people were more likely to stop if they saw 4 cute little girls selling lemonade than if they saw me. But I did stay outside since I knew people would see 4 cute little girls selling lemonade and you never know these days.

I think they had a good time. The hour went by pretty fast. They did get a handful of customers. They made about $6. That's not too bad until you have to split it 4 ways. Oh, well. It wasn't about the money anyway.

I was proud of them for just wanting to do this and for their poem and for how Kristin even chased down our next door neighbor who just happen to step outside for a minute to see if he wanted some lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. My kids have been asking to do this too. Guess we will see how it goes here. At least we won't have to split the money but three ways.

    ReplyDelete