Friday, July 8, 2011

Inspiration

I know I haven't blogged in a while. I just haven't felt like it. Really, I haven't had much to say. (shocking, I know). I don't want my blog to just be about our day to day activities. I have several friends whose sole purpose of their blog is to journal what goes on in a day of their lives. These are great blogs. I do enjoy reading these blogs especially of those friends whom I do not live close to. Often times I get great ideas from these friends on all sorts of levels. Although I do write about such things on my blog, that's just not all I want to it be about. All that said, my blogging thoughts have been stagnant lately. So I am going to simply share a few pics from our summer. This is a bit of an attempt to unblock my bloggers block, thinking that if I write something, anything, that that will get the juices flowing. I think it might be working....I've already had a couple of ideas in the 4 minutes it's taken me to write this much. The catch will be to see if any of those ideas make it down on paper.

So, in the mean time, here are some of our summer pics;

Our first outing of the summer was Memorial Day on the lake. We rented a boat with some good friends of ours from church and spent the day tooling around on the lake. Cute booty review, huh?



Our next and only big outing of the summer so far was our trip to the beach. We spent about a week on Longboat Key near Sarasota, FL. It was very nice. My parents joined us for a bit. But now it's over. And that's the sad part.
Below is 1 of about a thousand sunset pics I took on our trip. I don't like to keep my camera down at the beach for fear of getting sand in tiny places or risk scratching up the lens. And I didn't want to bring it down, take some pics and then have to go all the way back up to our hotel room to return it. So, I would bring my camera along on our nightly strolls on the beach, hence the 1000 sunset pics. That is one thing I love about the Florida gulf coast (or the gulf stream waters as my 6 year old puts it) is the beautiful sunsets over the ocean. You just can't beat it.



And here is literally the ONLY picture I got of all 3 of my girls standing still and looking my way AND smiling.



And here is the view from our hotel room. Isn't the water beautiful!?!



We did have a nice time at the beach. It was very relaxing. And, it was the first family vacation in about 5-6 years where my hus didn't work at all. It was nice. We had beautiful weather, hot, but pretty and no one got sunburn. All in all, a pretty good trip.

After the beach, my sister, her husband and their baby spent some time with us before moving off to NYC. That was fun. We do miss them though now that they are gone.

Since then, we haven't really gone anywhere, just little field trips around town.
We went to the pottery place and painted pottery:



We also went to see a puppet show at the Center for Puppetry Arts with some other friends from church. After the show, the girls got to make a puppet.





And yesterday, the girls and I went just to check out Kennesaw Mountain. I knew it was too hot to really do any hiking (for our taste anyway), but I've been wanting to go see what's up there. It is only about 20 minutes from our house. On weekdays, you can drive your own car up to the top (weekends you have to use the shuttle) and I'm glad we drove. It was a pretty steep incline. Once up to the top though, you have really pretty views of the valley below. We did hike just a bit but decided that maybe we should return in the fall. We managed to bear the heat long enough for a picnic, which when in the shade was actually quite nice and pleasant.







So, that's mostly it. You are up to date. We have a couple more things planned for the summer. We'll see if they make it into a blog post. Until then, I'm going to try to get inspired to write more.

1 comment:

  1. L-O-V-E your beach pictures!!! The gulf coast is the one thing I miss about living in Florida. You just can not beat the white powder sand and the sunsets. We don't go until the end of August and I am counting the days. Kennesaw Mountain was our field trip in May ... it was already too hot to hike, in my opinion. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

    ReplyDelete