Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Good Book and Other News

The Pumpkin Patch Parable

I know it's a little late to still be talking about Halloween BUT if you have younger kids, I highly recommend the picture book, The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs. It is a wonderful way to look at Halloween and jack-o-lanterns with a Christian perspective. It's a very awesome book.  She also has an Easter book called The Parable of the Lily.  Equally awesome.

In other news...my 4 year old woke up this morning (the day after Halloween) and says, before breakfast mind you, "Mom, I really feel like having some chocolate.". Me too.
------------------
My 8 year old recently admitted to me that she has been trimming the hair on her legs with scissors for a couple of months now.

2 comments:

  1. It occurred to me that for my daughter's sake, I might not should have mentioned about the leg hair thing. So, if you know her, please do not mention it!!! It'll be our little secret! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE that book too...another good one is The PUMPKIN GOSPEL.

    ReplyDelete