Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Have I ever mentioned that I love Disney World?


Have I??  If not, you must be new to my blog and/or not know me at all. 

I do, I love Disney World.  I practically grew up there.  Since I know I've gone into this before, I won't bore you with all the details.  To see all the details, you can click here to read a post I wrote after our last big Disney trip in 2010.  Suffice it to say, I grew up in Florida, about 45 minutes away from WDW (Walt Disney World).  My family had annual passes to Disney from the time I was 8 years old until I was no longer a Florida resident (about 21 years old), a sad day for me.  I have literally been 100's of times.  I will say though, that my Disney experience has changed drastically from what it was when I had an annual pass.  Now, I have kids of my own.  Now, I am experiencing it all through them.  And I gotta say, it's even more fun this way. 

The down side to my Disney experience now is that not being a Florida resident and no longer having an annual pass that you can use anytime you want and go back as many times as you want, now, we have to do it all in one trip.  That stinks and is contrary to the way I grew up with Disney.  When I was a kid, we never stayed more than a few hours at most.  If we didn't get to do or see something we wanted to or the lines were too long, it didn't matter cause we knew we could just come back the next weekend.  Now, whenever we go, I feel like we have to try to cram everything we want to do in (always) too short of a time window.  And there is SO MUCH to do at Disney.  You practically have to go 100's of times to be able do it all and even then you'll find out later about something you missed that you didn't even know about. 

I am proud to say that my kids already love Disney almost as much as I do.  They talk about it ALL the time.  Not that they've been all that much.  They've only been inside the parks to ride the rides a few times.  We do go over to Disney at least once a year though, to do all the outside of the parks stuff (my parents still live nearby).  And there is a lot to do outside of the parks.  Now, if you narrow that even more to say "outside of the parks stuff that is free"  your choices greatly diminish.  However, there is still plenty to do and see even at Disney, that doesn't cost any money.  Yes, I said, "doesn't cost any money" and "Disney" in the same sentence.

I love it and I love talking about it. I love it when my friends ask my advice on a trip they are planning to Disney.  I love to hear other people's Disney stories.  I love to tell mine!  (and I have a bunch!) I would love to have some sort of official Disney trip planner job if I thought I would have the time.  I have been meaning to add a Disney page to my blog for a while but just haven't had the time for that either.  Plus, I was trying to figure out how to add a page and then add pages onto that page.  Does anyone know how to do that?  (or even understand what I just said?) 

So this is it and until I can figure out how to do the page within a page thing I am just going to go ahead and add the main page and will have to be a little unorganized for a bit. 

At some point I am going to have a "stories" page where I will share some of my Disney stories and I hope you will share yours as well. 

I also plan to have a "tips" page where I can share tips on planning a trip to Disney World and where you can share any you may have as well. 

My main page will be for any Disney news I come across.  (I have some inside help on this one). 

So, until I get better organized, be thinking of your Disney stories, plans, tips, etc...

You will be able to access my WDW page at the top of my home page on this blog.


1 comment:

  1. Love this post!!! Like y'all we also love everything Disney. My kids can barely control their excitement over the next trip. Every time we visit the kids beg us to move to Florida ... they would love to live in Celebration. It makes me a little sad that they don't get to experience the ability to just pop over to Disney World for dinner or to ride a few rides.

    ReplyDelete