Monday, January 16, 2012

Just Say No

So my husband and I have decided to go on a eating out fast.  For 2 weeks, we are going to try not to eat out at all.  I've given Paul a couple of concessions since it's a little more difficult for him to eat in at work everyday, so he gets to eat lunch out twice a week.  I don't think we really go out all that often, but I do think it has become a little too often (make sense?).  And I am of the opinion that no matter where you are going out to eat, it's always going to be more fattening and less nutritious than eating at home, with a few exceptions.  And honestly, when I'm going out, it's not because I'm craving something healthy. 

I've never been really fat.  Yes, I could be fat.  Yes, I've put on a few pounds in the past 10 years or so.  And yes, I'd love to lose a few.  Actually, I'd really love it if I could somehow just suction the fat out of my face and chin area but that's beside the point.  My point is, I've gotten careless over that past month or so.  I'd like to blame the holidays but I'm afraid it's just really my own fault.  It's just so much easier when I've got a bunch of errands to run and it gets to lunch time and I'm not done, to just grab some fast food and keep going.  And then there's the nights where I "forget" to defrost the meat I had planned for dinner, so then we "have to" go out. Then there's the weekend.  I just don't wanna cook on the weekends.  Plain and simple.   All that adds up, in pounds and dollars. 

So in hopes of losing a few pounds (or at the very least just feeling better about myself)  and gaining a few dollars, we are cutting out dining out for 2 weeks.  Starting tomorrow, cause we had to eat out for lunch today.  We'd been out of town and I hadn't been to the grocery store and...well, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment