Monday, May 14, 2012

Bad Words and Cute Kids

There are some words that might kids are not allowed to say...
Of course, there are your regular, run of the mill cuss words that everyone knows that kids (or adults for that matter) shouldn't say.  I don't need to tell you what they are, right?  Well, I'm not.  If you don't know, then... I don't know what.
But in addition to those, there are a few words/phrases that my kids are not allowed to say.  These are not "bad" words in and of themselves, it's the meaning behind them coming from a kid that drives me crazy.

"No fair"-  I'm gonna say it.  Life is not fair.  In the words of a sign I saw hanging in Zaxby's, "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it."

"That's boring"- I'll admit.  I can sometimes be bored.  But I don't have to be.  And neither do my kids.  And honestly, the times I've heard my kids say this is not really because whatever they are referring to is even actually boring.  It's because they are lazily not even trying to appreciate it.  I want to teach them to try to appreciate most things in life, to think about things, not just expect to be wowed. 

"I don't care"-  This phrase just sounds rude to me.  Why don't you care?  You should care.  Care. 


I know there is at least one more, but I can't think of it right now.  I'll do an amendment to this post if it comes to me.

This picture shows 2 of my kids NOT saying inappropriate things.  And it's cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment