Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Old News

Yea!  It's summer!  (cause school it out here).  However, I am not prepared to do a summer post quite yet, so I will fill you in on some old news.  I think it was last week, we had a really bad hail storm, the worst I've ever seen.  Not so bad in size but very destructive in quantity and velocity. 

Of course the first thing I did was to grab my camera. 


The is the view out our front door.  Because it had been hot outside, the cold hail mixed with the warm ground made a very dense fog/steam effect.  It was kinda cool.

You might not know it to look at it, but this is our driveway.  (going off to the left)

It's kinda hard to see in this picture, but the hail stripped our poor Crape Myrtle of most of it's leaves.

And the aftermath.  There is supposed to be a sidewalk here.  The hail brought down with it lots and lots and lots of leaves.  The air was thick with a fresh pine smell.  As my kids said, it smelled like Christmas.  It did.  You could even smell it from inside. 

Our driveway was a MESS.


And this is our driveway after I spent about 45 minutes blowing it off.  This wasn't like blowing dry fall leaves.  These were heavy, wet, green leaves.  The poor blower could only handle so much before I had to help it out with the rake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment