Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pinterest Success

I love Pinterest, though I am far from an addict.  I have gotten several good ideas from Pinterest though, some of which have even come to fruition.  And by fruition, I mean it looks like what it does on Pinterest.  Many a time have I gotten an idea of some sort of craft or project to make and many a time have I chucked it in the trash because it did not turn out right. 

I wanted to share with you 2 recent successes. 

The first is a Christmas countdown calendar.  I know, who wants to talk about Christmas right after Valentines and so close to Easter.  But it was a Pinterest success so I wanted to share. 


I made the backing out of felt (which can be bought in yards from Hancock Fabric).  The pockets are library card pockets I got from Lakeshore Learning.  I used Christmas paper (from Michaels) to cover the pockets and then the kids helped add embellishments like buttons, ribbons and stickers.  I printed the numbers out of word on the computer.  The idea then is to put a card in each pocket that has a Christmas activity on it.  So each day, you have an activity to do.  I will probably make some changes next year to some of the activities.  Some were too involved or took too long to do.  Most need to be quick, easy things.  The exceptions are making Christmas cookies, watching a Christmas movie and going to see Christmas lights.  Those things obviously take planning and time. 

My second success is a precursor to a couple more blog posts.  It was done in preparation for our recent trip to Disney World.



 
 
 
Aren't these just the cutest things you've ever seen!? 
I got mini oreos for the ears and large ones for the body.  I used double stuff because it's double the stuff, but next time, I'll probably use the regular ones.  I got the red candy chocolate from Michaels.  You were supposed to use bigger white dots for the buttons but I already had these tiny ones, so I just used them.  Next time I will probably also use the dark chocolate to "glue" the ears on so it'll blend in better. 
 
 
I'll let you know if I have anymore Pinterest successes.  I'm pretty proud of these 2.  

1 comment:

  1. These projects look great Katie. I love pinterest and I love to see it in action. -Sylvia

    ReplyDelete