Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Go Go Gadget...

I wouldn't say I love to cook.  I like it, but can't go as far as to say I LOVE it.  I do it.  Cook that is.  All the time.  I cook dinner 5-6 nights a week and sometimes all 7.  However, I do love a good kitchen gadget.  And I love to look around in kitchen stores.  My current favorite is Sur la Table.  That store have everything you could possibly want for your kitchen and oh so many things that you didn't know you wanted but really really do once you've seen it. 

I don't have a lot of neat kitchen gadgets myself, mostly because my kitchen is in desperate need of a demolition and so I am currently lacking space for anything but the absolute necessities. 
So when I do get a new gadget, it is seldom.  Recently, my mother in law gave me a pancake pen (which I think she got at Williams Sonoma).  Some of you may be thinking, I've had one of those for years, and you are just now getting one...and excited about it??  Yes and yes.  It's such a simple device, if you can even call it that.  It squirts out pancake batter.  That all.  It squirts it out.  But it makes pancake making so much easier, more precise if you really like round pancakes which I do, and less messy. 

Maybe I could learn to love to cook if I had all sorts of cool gadgets.  And a really awesome kitchen.  And more time.  And fewer children.  And children that liked whatever I cooked.  And more time.  And a really awesome kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment