Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Have and Idea! or Two

Have I mentioned before that I have a lot of ideas?  I do.  Sometimes I get frustrated or overwhelmed because I have what I think is a pretty good idea, but no idea of how to make it come about.  I sometimes spend what seems like endless amounts of  time "researching" some of my ideas online.  Which brings about another problem.  I feel really unproductive when all I do for a couple of hours is surf the web in search of answers to my how do I do it problem.  Maybe if I were getting paid for my time I would feel differently, but I'm not, so I don't. 

And then sometimes, by surfing the web (do people still say that?) I get more ideas.  And then there are so many things floating around in my head that nothing gets done or comes to fruition.  It's really frustrating!  Then I look around at the breakfast dishes in the sink and the laundry that I haven't even started and the fact that I am still in my p.j.'s and fuzzy slippers and it's getting on toward lunch time and I feel even worse. 

I think some of this may be a result of being an empty nester from 7:45-2:45 everyday.  I have more time on my hands now.  Time to theoretically get things done and explore my ideas.  Before, I might have had different ideas on things I wanted to do, but I would get so busy with the kid(s) at home that I never even pretended to follow through with any of them.  Plus, I would feel really guilty if all my kid did was see me sitting at the computer, for no apparent reason, not getting paid, for way too long, neglecting her and whatever else needed to be done. 

Maybe I just need to be better organized.  (another idea of mine).  Then I'll have time to take care of all my house and kid and wife duties AND complete an idea or two.  First, I need to organize all of the crazy ideas floating around in my head. 

My current main idea is to grow my blog, make it bigger, better and gain more readers.  There is SO much info out there on blogging though that it is terribly overwhelming and frustrating and a little depressing.  What I really want is for someone to just do it for me.  For free.  And then I'll take it from there.  And all the credit.  :)

And because I would rather read a blog post that has pictures, here are a few. (that have nothing to do with this post).



This is me trying to take a picture of myself with the new wireless remote I got for Christmas. 
 


The sunset from a recent trip to the beach.


An interesting bit of tree near the afore mentioned beach.



2 comments:

  1. I am presently in my pjs and fuzzy slippers
    I would encourage you to blog. I love how you hit the nail on the head! Dont let anybody else do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. To clarify; I would continue to do the blogging but be happy if someone else could set up all the logistics for me and design a beautiful new blog and be my blog manager.

    ReplyDelete