Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Playing Catch Up

I've been MIA for a little while.  We've been a little busy here. 

We had company.



My sister, her husband and daughter.


 Easter.



I didn't get a picture of our family in Easter attire, so this will have to do for an Easter pic. 


  Sickness.


This is why I didn't get a family Easter pic.  My youngest was sick on Easter Sunday.  Don't worry though.  I am going to get that Easter dress up pic. 


  GOBS of laundry because of said company and sickness. ( I do not have a picture of my dirty laundry but you can imagine.)



A spring break beach trip.


I love this picture, taken from quite a distance with my iPhone.  There was a dolphin swimming pretty close to shore.  My oldest (in her perfect runner's stride) is leading the pack in chasing it down.



  A family reunion. 


This is my husband's side of the family.  And we were even missing quite a few people!



Now I get to breathe for a minute (in between more laundry) before more company this weekend and my oldest daughter's first play.  It's all good though.  I like being busy.  I like having a reason to clean.  When I'm cleaning just for the sake of things being clean, that's good too, I do like things to be clean, but it's also a little hollow.  I know the kids won't appreciate it and will just come home and mess everything up again with lightening flash speed. 

So, now I'm off to go put away the laundry I did last week so I can refill the basket with the laundry I'm doing today.  Fun, fun fun. 



 

1 comment:

  1. We had sickness in our home on Easter too ... I think it is the first time since having kids that we had no "Kids in their Easter Clothes" picture. And, don't even get me started on dirty laundry ... I think the girls have a basket piled as tall as Ava Mae.

    ReplyDelete