Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What do you think my kids would do if I served nothing but peanut butter and honey every night for an entire week. The same menu; peanut butter and honey, apple slices and maybe some chips, the same chips. Do you think I might hear less fussing about what's for dinner than I do now? I do get really frustrated with the discontent over meals. Dinner at our house, 7 out of 10 times is not a family bonding experience. It's "eat 3 more bites", "taste it right now or I'm getting the spanking spoon", "stop crying and eat!", "if you don't finish your food, there will be no dessert", "don't tell me you are hungry later", no, that is not a good bite".... you get the point.
I do have to give credit to my oldest daughter. She will eat most everything she's given even if she doesn't love it. That doesn't mean she won't occasionally voice her displeasure though. Our 2 youngest are a different story. They both frequently will say "I don't like it" before they even know what it is. There are times, like tonight, where I have to fight back urges to pick up their plates and throw them across the room while yelling, "NO FOOD FOR YOU!!"
Maybe I'll try serving the same meal, one they like, every night for a week. Can I make some sort of lesson out of that? Should I just not feed them at all for a week? Can I get away with that?
I was all ready to post this cute, sweet post about our experience with Kristin's class pet, but I had to vent a bit first. I'll try to post something sweet tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to sit here and not do anything kid related and drink my glass of cheap wine.
I don't have a pic for this post. If I did, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be flattering to anyone in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment