Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ancillary

Ancillary. Do you know what it means? I did not, much to my husband's irritation. I know what it means now. Of secondary importance. I just have to say that I am not the only one who did not know what it means. Of the 5+ women I have asked so far, none knew it's definition. My husband does not believe me when I tell him this. He thinks it impossible that I or my friends do not know what ancillary means. I'm not stupid. I'm not an airhead or ditsy. I just didn't know what ancillary means. To my husband's credit, he's not stupid either. (obviously, right? He knows what ancillary means). He is a CPA with his MBA and often talks in a language about his work that, although I can understand each, individual word, I don't have a clue what he's saying. Of course, there are times when I am talking about the children, his children, and he doesn't have a clue what I am saying either. (*giggle, giggle*)

Anyway, this is all in good fun. I am now one word smarter than I was before. I've actually even used several times since our conversation. I do find it a little ironic though. When I was in college, some of my friends used to tease me because of my large vocabulary. I knew words they didn't. hummm. I always say I used to be gifted because I was in the gifted class when I was in elementary school. I'm usually half joking when I say "used to." Could it be that there is more truth to that than I realize? Nah!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am now one word smarter also, it makes a mamma feel good about herself!

    ReplyDelete