Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Butter Bread





Butter bread- bread with butter on it.


You know how when you were a kid, there was one snack type food that your mom made or bought you that you really liked and got excited about? We never had much in the way of snacks so that doesn't work for me, but it might for some of you. Anywho, for my girls, right now that thing is butter bread. Actually, it's not really a snack. I said snack because Grace is having it as a snack right now. It's usually a lunch or, dare I say, even dinner substitute. A butter bread sandwich. Sometimes, it's a before bed snack, but mostly a meal. They love it. Elliott had one for lunch today. Grace is having it as a snack and already asked for it for lunch tomorrow. Kristin is not as enthusiastic about it as the other two, but she will still request it upon occasion. It's the one thing in our house guaranteed to be gobbled up, even has requests for seconds. I usually have to cut them off.


Let me qualify the butter in butter bread. It's Country Crock margarine spread. I try to make it all good by using wheat bread for the bread part. That makes it healthy, right? Like how they advertise Froot Loops as having whole grain, as if that cancels out all the sugar. I think it does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment