Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring?

Yesterday was the best day. You couldn't have asked for better weather. It was such a welcome change from the endless dreariness and cold we've been experiencing. My hus built the most awesome sandbox. Forty-nine square feet of sandy fun! Kristin even said, "this is going to be the best spring of our life!" They played in it for, oh, 3 or 4 hours. They are playing in it now as I type. In the past, we had thought about getting one of those nice, wooden play structures. We held off because I've never been convinced our kids would actually play on it enough to make it cost effective (like my business term? my hus would be proud). Plus, not having one of those things in our yard makes it all the more fun and exciting to go to an actual playground. And, a sandbox is a heck of a lot more cheaper! (did I phrase that correctly?) Seeing as how our kids love to dig up our yard on a frequent basis, I think the sandbox will definitely be played with. Now if I could just come up with a fool proof, mess proof way to get all the sand off before they track it through the house...


My next mission is to find a way to effectively and definitively fend off the mosquitoes that are sure to spoil their sandy fun at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment