Monday, September 27, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls

I have 7 little girls at my house right now (or at least had 7 little girls over when I first started writing this post). And it's completely quiet. Do you know why? Cause they are watching a movie. And do you know what? I may let them watch another once this one is done.

This week is our county's "fall break." I put that in quotations because, although the official first day of fall was this week, it is anything but here in north GA. I'm not sure what the actual temp is right now, but according to Chesley McNeal, the high is supposed to be somewhere in the low 90's. Another reason for the quotation marks is, school just started and already, we have an entire week off. Actually, we have been in school for about a month an a half, but it still all feels pretty new. The kids are still feeling out new friends, I'm still working out my kid-free schedule, we're all still trying to get used to getting up at dawn and scrambling to get to bed on time.


Since my hus could not take any time off this week, thus making my plans to go camping go to the wayside, I've tried to come up with a few fun activities for the kiddos.


Tuesday, we met some church friends at the zoo. The kids seemed to really enjoy it. My pocket book did not, but the kids did. The zoo ain't cheap. I'm remembering why in the 12+ years we've been in the ATL, we've never paid to go to the zoo.


And then today, we invited over 2 pairs of sisters to watch the new Tinker Bell movie, Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. It just so happens that a couple of the girls have not seen the 1st Tink movie, so we may just watch that one too. It would only be fair.

In between movies, I do have some cookies for them to decorate. That should be fun.....right?

I've already got 3 girls, what's 4 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment