Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Fun even though it doesn't feel like fall right now

I am SO behind on posting stuff. Yall can get off your pins and needles now, I'm back (I am so teasing. I'm fairly certain none of you have been on anything sharp anxiously awaiting my literary return). I think I've shared this before, but I post a lot in my head, so if you count all the posts I've posted in my head while driving along in my car or sitting at gymnastics, then I've been blogging a lot lately. Today, though, I thought I'd actually write out my post.

I posted a little while back about my love for Fall. We had an awesome week or 2 of beautiful fall weather with the coolness and crispness and all. That has since disappeared though and even though it's now mid October, it's been a tad warm. Chesley McNeal tells me, however, that it should cool down in the next few days.

Anyhoo...we did manage to already squeeze in 2 of my favorite fall activities. A visit to the pumpkin patch and apple picking. My parents were able to join us for apple picking again this year, all the way from sunny Florida. (I think they may have brought the warm weather with them and so may be responsible for such.)

I had to convince Paul to do the pumpkin patch with us. Last year wasn't the most fun. We went later in the month and so a lot of the pumpkins had been smashed and had a most awesome smell. Plus, we had an unexpected cold snap and mommy did not plan accordingly with the appropriate outerwear. Hence, the children complained a lot. A lot.

This year was nice though. Not as crowded, no smashed or stinking pumpkins and very pleasant weather. It seems that everyone had fun. Even dad!



Both Kristin an Grace have loose teeth and so have to work hard and at an angle to get a good bite. Poor Grace is trying really hard.

The kiddos with Mimi and Papa.





No comments:

Post a Comment