Monday, January 24, 2011

A New Cook



When Kristin started second grade, I declared that once one is in second grade, one must become responsible for cooking a meal for the family once a month. So far, this has happened twice. It's my fault. Kristin has been very excited about cooking and asks me frequently about it. I just haven't gotten my head in gear to plan ahead with her so I can be sure I have the proper ingredients for what she wants to make.

My sister gave her a cookbook for Christmas so our excitement has been renewed. Last week, she made "Hula Stir Fry." It was really good. All the kids liked it. She was very proud of herself. I was proud of her. Now even Grace and Elliott want to have their turn at cooking.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, what a great idea! I'm so not patient forthat, but I'd be interested how much she does by herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we've only done it 3 time now, I still "supervise" quite a bit. She reads the recipe though and measures and mixes in all the ingredients. I'm right there to make sure everything goes smoothly. Maybe by 3rd grade, I won't even have to be in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete