Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"No, my armpits are not salty"

In my last post, I mentioned how Paul and I had been to see comedian, Brain Regan and how hilarious he was. One of his "jokes" came from sentences you would never be able to string together unless you are a parent. His example was, "son, stop trying to balance your fruit juice between your chest and the dinner table."

So, of course, that got me thinking. What are some weird things I've had to say in the past 8 years, only because I'm a parent.

This could take some thought. I'm sure if I wrote down everything that transpired between my lovely daughters and I in 1 day, it would read like it's own comedy act (or horror show depending on how you look at it). Nothing popped out right away. Then I remembered an interaction that resulted in me saying, "no, my armpits are not salty." That's not something you say everyday.

As it happened, my youngest, Elliott, was in the room with me while I was changing at the end of the day. As I raised my arms up, she noticed white under my arms. To the rest of us, that would be too much deodorant. To a 2 year old (at the time) it was salt. To which she replied, "OOOooo, your armpits are salty!" Sigh. and then the aforementioned, "no, my armpits are not salty" comment.

So, my question is, what is something you've said during your parenting years that you would not otherwise be able to say? Come on, leave a comment! I dare you!

I'm going to keep thinking. I'm sure I can come up with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment