Thursday, January 13, 2011

The party

As I said in my last post, my oldest daughter turned 8 last Saturday. I always struggle with what kind of party to do for her birthday since it is in the dead of winter. I'm not a fan of home parties (too much work for me and a lot of mess) and something outdoors is not an option since we never know what the weather is going to be like. My other 2 kids were born in May and June. It's so easy that time of year to have a party at the park or the pool. We have to be a little bit more creative when planning Kristin's parties.

This year she decided she wanted to have an ice skating party. We said she could invite 4 friends. They all met here at the house, we had cake, opened gifts and then took off to the ice skating rink. It turned out that 3 out of the 4 girls we invited had never ice skated before. 2 brought helmets. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I first heard that one girl was bringing a helmet. However, as it turns out, it might not have been a bad idea for her to wear it. She was a bit like Bambi on the ice. I've never seen someone so determined to ice skate and fall so much. In the end, she was returned to her father with 2 shiners on either side of her face. Yep. She looked like she'd been in a vicious fight. And lost. She was a very good sport about it all and was determined to skate by herself. I just hope her parents let her come over to our house again.
So on Saturday, we had 7 little girls at our house. All talking and squealing at once. It was loud. Kristin had a good time though. All in all, it was a good party.


Kristin and her friends at the skating rink.

No comments:

Post a Comment