Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow, snow, snow!


Ok, Ok, Ok. I guess since we've had the biggest snow storm since I've lived here, I need to do a post about it.
We are on day 2 of no school. I am 1/2 way not expecting to go to school tomorrow. The roads still look pretty icy to me. I've seen them cancel school for a lot less reasons.
Although, I do kinda need to get to Target. Well, not need to go, more like want to. Since we've been stranded at home, I decided to make use of my time and organize the girls' rooms. It's a MESS! Our upstairs hallway is virtually impassable. I've made a list of several bins and organizational type items that I need that would really help me finish knocking this job out. I guess we'll just have to live with the mess until I feel brave enough to get out on the road.

Fortunately, since we just had Christmas and Kristin's birthday, the kids have plenty to do here at home. They have kept busy playing and occasionally braving the cold to check out the snow.

Here are some pictures of our outdoor snow day adventures.

This is a table on our deck. It seems that we got about 4-5 inches of snow.



We can't have any amount of snow, be it a dusting or a blizzard without a few snow angles.







We even got come sledding in, southern style, on a plastic bag. Don't judge. It worked!





We even managed a snowman. The original plan was to make one as tall as me but building a snowman is a lot of work! I decided pretty quickly that this was not going to be a grown up snow man. It's cute though, right?

We ended each snow venture with hot chocolate by the fire. Yummmm...

I just heard that school will be cancelled again tomorrow. Yeah because I get to sleep in. Boo because I am getting a bit of cabin fever, not that I don't have plenty to do, I'm just ready to get out.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog today. (I've discovered you get a lot more traffic when you post something on Facebook about your blog when everyone is snowed in!) Since I haven't read your blog in a while, I'll comment on several posts. Your snow pictures of the girls are very cute. I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes "postal" over the mess. I am working very hard to find good solutions on how to "train" my children to clean up without bringing out the "postal" attitude. I'll let you know if I have any success. Regarding friends at church, I understand. Nobody in my youth group growing up went to my school either. It was hard for a while, but then one teacher formed a small group for people who were serious about their faith and we all became really good friends (all from different schools). Think about the friendships the Crisslers have with everyone - and they are homeschooled. I think small groups (Bible studies, discipleship, etc.) are the answer. And your kids can come over and play with my kids any time.

    ReplyDelete