Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The View From Here

We have a hammock in our backyard that is attached to 2 pine trees. It was here when we moved in. On occasion, I have a minute to lay on it.

This is the current view from our hammock when I look straight up.




As you can imagine, this view, from the exact same vantage point, changes drastically throughout the year. My girls and I like to lay on the hammock from time to time and look up at these trees and take note of how it is different from the last time.

My intent here is to take pics of each of the changes, even the insignificant ones. Right now, it is barren, not much sign of life, you can see straight through to the sky. However, I know that will change soon. Soon there will be buds visable, even from way down while laying on our hammock.

Today was beautiful. I actually laid, unaccosted, for a good 30 minutes, on our hammock and read a book. There were about 15 other things I could have been doing and should have been doing. However, I chose to lay on our hammock with a book and my camera and listen to the laughter of our 3 lovely girls as they rode the much too small riding toys down the worn path of dirt that used to be our lovely green yard and into the shrub, that used to be a thriving bush.

It was nice.

1 comment: