Monday, February 14, 2011

ahhh...Valentine's Day

My hus and I have never really done much for Valentines Day. Honestly, I would feel a little cheesy if we did. Not that I am judging those of you who make a big to do about it, that's just not us. However...I wouldn't want the day to go by completely unacknowledged by my significant other. We do cards, of course, and on occasion another small gift. If it falls on a weekend, we may try to get a sitter and go out to dinner, just because. Why not? Last year, we ended up at a restaurant, with our kids, and didn't even realize it was Valentines Day until we told the hostess that we did not have a reservation and did we need one, to which she replied, "yes, most people do on Valentine's Day." Oopps. We still got in with no wait. It was a tid sad though that neither of us knew what day it was.

We do make a big deal of it for the girls. And they love it.

So now, that's it's over, we've been through 3 school parties all bearing a myriad of treats and a but load of chocolate from my mother-in-law. So we are set for candy at least until Easter (and Easter's late this year).



I've gotta tell ya though...it's a bad time of the month for me for there to be so much chocolate in the house and anyone expect me not to eat it.



And what would Valentine's Day be without a few fresh flowers in the house, courtesy of my valentine.

Thanks, hon!

2 comments:

  1. We are also hit or miss with celebrating Valentine's Day. Jason calls it a "Hallmark Holiday" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to know we are not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete