Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And Another New Baby!

Not mine. No, No, NO.

My sister had her first baby on Friday, Good Friday. Her name is not Mary Rose, but that is what we will call her. She is cute. She is tiny. She makes me want another baby for about 10 seconds and then I snap out of it.

Being at the hospital with my sis did bring back a lot of fond memories. It wasn't that long ago that I was having babies. My youngest is only 3-1/2. I remember those first couple of days in the hospital where all I wanted to do was rest (good luck) and look at my baby. I remember those pink, blue and white striped blankies they wrap the babies in. I remember those cute, teeny, tiny diapers and the not so teeny tiny poops. But it was cute poop. Yes, it was. And I'm sure my sis thinks the same about her baby. I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law does too. Aside from my own husband, I've never seen someone look so tired and so happy at the same time. It was sweet. I hope that tired/happy feeling is able to coexist for a long time.

So, good luck, guys! Enjoy this short time with your newborn. Dress her up in cute clothes. Put cute little bows and ribbons in her hair. It will be gone before you know it and then she'll be 8 years old and arguing with you because she wants to do her hair and pick out her own clothes. But if you are lucky and your daughter is anything like mine, she'll still want you to sit by her and hug her lots and will help to make your life a joy.



1 comment:

  1. She's adorable! Jason hates for me to go to the hospital to visit friends that have had a baby, it always makes me want another one. :)

    ReplyDelete