Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gag Me With a Spoon

I saw a commercial the other day that really bothered me. It was for one of those miracle diet pills. You've seen these commercials. They show before pics of people sticking out their pooch with all their might and then the after pic where they are sucking it in for all their worth, saying something like, "I lost 52 lbs with this slim pill in just 2 days!"

The other day, I saw a similar commercial with this girl who said, "I went from a size 8 to a size 0!"

So now, we are being told that if you are a size 8 you need to lose weight? We should all strive to be a 0?

Gag me with a spoon. I feel for the girls who think 8 is too big. It makes me angry that this is what the media is teaching young girls and even some misguided older girls.

1 comment: