Monday, July 18, 2011

To Play or Not to Play

During the summer when the kiddos are out of school, we are a little bit lax on bed time. On the nights, when they aren't up later than normal for some other reason, we let them stay up 30 extra minutes as long as they stay in their rooms. The other night, instead of playing, all 3 decided they would rather sit quietly and read with their mom. Even though each night I look forward to some alone time once the kids are in bed, Oh how I wish their desire to choose mommy time over play would last forever.

2 comments:

  1. I love it ... my kids are always piling into my bed at night!! I noticed you are reading a Jan Karon book. Are you reading the whole series? I read through everything last summer! Such a wonderful series - I did not want it to end. I passed it on to my Mom who read through everything this winter. Jan Karon was in Asheville a few weeks ago and my Mom got to meet with her one on one and guess what ... she is writing another book in the series! I was so excited to hear that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Katie..and I know as tired as you are at the end of the day, these days are fleeting!! Read on even if your eyes droop!An adorable picture with everybody lined up in bed!!!

    ReplyDelete