Sunday, November 13, 2011

He Put Out Matching Towels

You know how they say when a man does the dishes it can be a turn on for women?  Well, I don't know who "they" are, but it ain't true.  Not for me anyway.  And my hus does do the dishes on occasion, I would even venture to say, more than most men.  And yes, it makes me happy when he does it but not that kind of happy.  Honestly, sometimes I'm thinking, "Thank you, honey.  Why did it take you so long to notice that those dishes needed to be done!!"  But nonetheless, I am grateful that I do have a husband that does do the dishes and various other household duties on occasion. 

What does do it for me is the little things.  I know "they" say that too, "it's the little things that count."  And here I can agree.  It's those things that don't really matter or don't really need to be done a certain way or sometimes at all.  Like matching towels in our bathroom.  Paul often feels his towel needs to be changed before I do and so he'll switch out his towel. Just his.  On occasion when he does go for that extra effort and change my towel as well, he's not really concerned with what color they are.  He'll grab whatever two are on top. And then we are left with towels that don't match.  For some reason that bugs me.  I know no one ever sees our bathroom (and thank goodness for that) but still, is it too much to ask, that among the hair all over the floor, the toothpaste splattered mirror (his side not mine), the make up caked vanity (my side not his) for the towels to match? 

So the other day, I came into the bathroom to see 2 clean, fresh MATCHING towels hanging neatly on their towels racks in our bathroom.  It was nice.  And even nicer to know my husband did it.  Now, whether or not he actually picked out two towels that matched or the top two just happened to match, I don't know.  But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.  I think he went out of his way to bring a little smile to my face. 
So, thanks, Paul, for the matching towels.  And thanks for always making the coffee so that it's hot and ready when I come down stairs in the morning, and for taking the big trash can down to the street every Tuesday, and for cleaning out the cats' litter box way more than I do, and for rinsing out the sink when you poor coffee or coke in it and yes, for occasionally washing the dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment