Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What a Beautiful Mess

The other day was a midweek day off of school for my kids due to election day and the fact that many schools are used for voting. I guess it's not safe to have all those strangers inside the school building with all of our precious kiddos.

Anyway, the weather was beautiful so the girls and I went for our annual fall photo walk. (I photographed, they walked). Every year, I find it hard not to become overwhelmed with the beauty of the leaves where we live. It's in nature that I don't understand how anyone could not believe in God, the creator. How could all of this be an accident? Don't they see how perfectly nature works? Can't they understand that all of the intricacies and complexities of something as simple as a tree growing out of a tiny seed into a huge, majestic thing, blooming flowers in the spring, changing all sorts of beautiful colors in the fall, shedding it's leaves to nourish the ground, providing food and shelter for numerous animals can't be an accident?
"God saw all that He had made and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning- the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." Genesis 1:31- 2:1

So anyway, here is some of the beautiful creation around our home.




















Below is a picture of what the beautiful foliage does to our deck. It's a mess.


I do love, love, love this time of year! I wish I could hold on to it for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment