Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Here We Go Again

I'm back! 
Cause now all my kids are in school and I should have loads of time.  Maybe.  Sometimes.  For today, I have a few minutes.  Our hot water heater is on the fritz so I have to wait for the repair man to show up.  Sooo...that means I get to spend some time with you all. 

So, like I said, ALL my kids are in school now.  My youngest started kindergarten yesterday.  It was a bitter sweet day for me.  Fortunately, she went right in her classroom, all smiles, like she owned the place.  She has been around for a while, despite this being her first official year.  She's been countless times to eat lunch with her sisters, to help me volunteer at a party or something else in the classroom (even though you aren't supposed to bring siblings when you volunteer), been to carnivals, field days, and many other various school related events over the last 4 years that she's had a sister there.  But, the house is a little quiet.  It's just me.  and the cats.  and the turtle. 

Everyone keeps asking me what am I going to do with my time now that all my kids are in school.  The truth is, I don't know.  I don't have a big, grand plan.  That being said, I'm pretty sure I'll find things to keep me busy.  I'm hoping to be able to spend more time volunteering at the school (without a stow away).  I'm planning on getting my exercising done in the AM instead of putting it off until later in the day and actually doing it.  Maybe my house will be cleaner?  Maybe I'll become more organized?  I'll blog more? 

Yesterday, my first day, I went to IKEA.  I went with the intention of getting a chest of drawers for my oldest daughter's room.  It had been out of stock the last 2 visits,  so this time, I checked online before leaving and it said there were 10 in stock.  However, when I got there at 10:30 AM, there was only 1 left!  So, I snatched it up, paid for it and took it out to my car.  Then, I stopped and thought, "what else do I have to do?  why not go back in and do IKEA, WITHOUT kids??"  So, I did.  And that was most of my day.  I got home, ate lunch, straightened up a little (not too much.  I didn't want to set the cleaning bar too high on the first day), baked some cookies for the kids and then they were home.  It was a good day. 


This is my 3 darlings before school on the first day.  My oldest started 4th grade, the middle one (who is not in the middle in the picture.  She's on the left) started 2nd grade and my youngest, kindergarten.   Everyone was very excited. 


And what says back to school better than a picture of new shoes.  (although my middle child wore her nasty old tennis shoes from last year today.  I don't know why.)  2 of my kids opted for Toms this year.  My oldest went with classic chucks.  However, she has put in a request for some Toms of her own.


Getting off the bus, everyone was still smiling.  Always a good sign.


My oldest tried to escape my camera.  Does she think I'm new at this? 


And lastly, the pool bags have been replaced by backpacks on the back of the laundry room door. 
A little sad, but I'm ready for fall.  I know my hus can practically smell college football season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment