Monday, August 20, 2012

Something To Do

So, remember the dresser I said I bought at IKEA last Monday?  Well, that's what I did with my time last week.  If you are at all familiar with IKEA, you know what that means...



There were just a few pieces.  That's fine though.  I had a project to work on.  And UNINTERRUPTED time to do it! 

So, it took me 3 hours of uninterrupted time to get the above picture to look like this...


I told my 4th grade daughter when she got home that it took me all day to put this together.  She said, "all day?"  And I said, "well, 3 hours."  And she said, "that's not all day." 
*sigh*  It was all day to me. 

The next 2 days, I painted and then repainted the dresser.  Then I painted the knobs. 
This was a big, multi day project!  And I was not interrupted!  (If I had been interrupted, imagine how long it would have taken me.)

And now, it looks like this.  Ta Da!

(FYI, that rug next to the dresser is actually a really pretty green color, not the bugger brown it appears in the pic.  Camera phone/instagram)



Scroll back up.  Look at what it started as.  Now, look again at the finished product.  Yes, I'm proud of myself.  And I feel like I accomplished something. 

So, in summary, my first week of all my kids being at school was pretty busy (I did do more than just the dresser).  It was a good week.  I was not bored or even sad.  It was actually pretty busy. Next week all my exercise classes start up, the volunteer opps at the school pick up and Bible study starts sometime soon.  And then there's the cooking and the cleaning and the errands.  I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem staying busy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment