Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another post about Disney



This past year, I applied for a position on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/. In case you are unfamiliar, the Moms Panel is a place where you can go and ask questions of a panel of 19 moms (and dads) about planning your next Disney vacation. The advice the moms give is based on their own experience and expertise on all things Disney.

To be on the moms panel (they choose 19 out of 14,000 applicants), you have to know a lot about Disney. From what I understand, the interview process, should you make it that far, is pretty intense. Though I've been to Disney literally 100s of times as a child/teen and have been quite a few times with my own family, I'm not confident I know enough to beat out 13,981 other applicants. Still, I think it would be fun. I like to talk about it. I feel I do have good advice and tips to offer on planning a Disney trip. And if I don't know the answer, I'm pretty sure I could find it. (I have certain resources).

I'll apply again this year. They take new applicants every September. I still have to beat out those darn 13,981 other folks though.

So, in the meantime, I'm starting my own, Mom (singular) Panel. If you are planning a trip to Disney and have a question, feel free to ask me. I might know the answer, maybe I won't. Maybe my friend, Alicia (a fellow Disney fanatic) can answer. Maybe we'll just have fun talking about it. I need to practice for when I apply again in September for the official Moms Panel.
 
You can find my Disney page via a tap at top of this blog.  Once you enter my Disney page, you can click on the "tips" page for basic tips and ideas.   

For now, we have another trip to Disney planned for next month. It'll be a short trip but we are super excited. Even my hus is excited, though he won't admit it with the gusto that the kids and I do.



*Disclaimer: Nothing on this page is "official" Disney info. This is all from my own experience or gathered from other non-official Disney sources. However, if any info on this page has been collected from an official Disney site or source, I will indicate so. Don't get mad at me if you read something on this page to be inaccurate.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting you are heading back to Disney!! We hope to make it there this fall. :) Though, if we could squeeze in a trip before May I will plan it. Thankful, that women like us can easily throw together a Disney trip with less than a month's planning. :)

    Did I tell you I once made the first cut for the Disney Moms Panel. I was so excited but, never made it past that step. :( So many great applicants I am sure. I Will be cheering you on this September - you would make a great panelist!!

    ReplyDelete