Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Double Digits

I know.  It's been a while since I've blogged.  I'm trying to get back to the blog world.  I'll get there. 

So Anyway,
My oldest child recently turned 10.  Yep.  Double Digits.  (hence the title).  She's 1/2 way to 20. 

And she's awesome. 

For her bday this year, she said she wanted a gymnastics party.  No she doesn't take gymnastics.  Hasn't since 1st grade.  But she wanted an "active" party, so that is what we did. 

I scoured the Internet for gymnastics party ideas but came up empty.  So I decided to go with a mustache theme. A what?  you might ask.  Well, in case you don't know, for some reason, moustaches have become all the rage as of late.  They have moustache earrings, moustache t-shirts, moustache erasers, moustaches notebooks, etc...  It's also very popular in photography photo booths, to hold a moustache on a stick up in front of your face as a fun way to encourage silliness and personality.  In case all that doesn't clear anything up for you, I googled just how this craze got started.  One site I found said PETA started it with a campaign they laid out a few years back with a cat or a rabbit or some kind of furry thing sporting a moustache.  The tag line stated; "Grow your own fur."  It made me laugh. 

Anyway, who cares.  The kids like it and I looked like a cool, with it mom to all my daughter's friends.  And it was easy.

So here are some picture to clear up any further moustache related questions.


My 3 darlings, with moustaches.
  
 
 Cupcakes courtesy of Costco, with my own added touch of a moustached smiley face. 
(I forgot my cupcake display platter, so the plastic holders they came in had to do).
 
Everyone got their very own mustache, to wear or not to wear.
 
 
The birthday girl!
 
 
My 7 year old is demonstrating one of the activities during the party.  There was pretty much a free for all on any and all gymnastic apparatuses.  (apparatusi?)
 
 
My 5 year old did her best to keep up with all the other 9 and 10 year olds and did a great job I might add.  And, did it all with a big smile on her face. 
 
 
 
The 5 year old.
 
 
The birthday girl. 
 
 
 
 
I printed these labels from the computer.  I attached them with clear packing tape which kept them dry and gave a bit of a professional edge to them. 
 
 
To top it all off, everyone went home with 3 chocolate moustaches.  I made them with a moustache mold I found at Michaels.  They seemed to be a big hit.  I heard one kid say, "this is the best birthday party!" 
Music to my ears. 
 
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment