Saturday, March 6, 2010

ah...kids...



Just a little funny I thought I'd pass along.


While we were in the car this afternoon, Grace asks, out of the blue (she's famous for doing this), "How do they make blinds?" (why she was thinking about blinds while in the car, is still unclear).
Now first of all, I thought she said wine. (yes, our 4 year old likes wine, so I thought it not unusual for her to ask this). So, naturally, I said, "out of grapes." Undeterred by my seemingly completely irrelevant answer, she answers her own question (she's famous for doing this as well) with, "I think they get some dusty boards and put a string through it."

Uh, Grace? Are you trying to tell me something?
p.s. I know I used a lot of parenthesis in this short but poignant post. I love parenthesis. In real life, in my own mind, while I am speaking, I use parenthesis. (I love commas too if you can't tell). I'm always going down rabbit trails or making "side note" type comments and often think, "if I were writing this, there would need to be parenthesis here.

I can freely admit, my usage of parenthesis and commas and many other punctuation marks are a gross interpretation of grammar. If my journalist brother-in-law ever read my blog, I feel certain he'd be appalled. However, I'm fairly certain he does not read it since I have gotten no long, poetic emails from him explaining how bad my writing is.
That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment