Monday, April 5, 2010

I LOVE this weather!

If you've been following my blog for a little while, you know that my hus recently built a 49 square foot sandbox in our backyard. Let me just tell you what a good idea that was! And I'm not even being sarcastic! I'm sure most of their time in the sandbox is due to the beautiful weather we've been having, but who cares! They are outside and entertaining themselves! Yesterday, my older two played outside from the time Kristin got home from school until I said, "time to come in and wash up for dinner!" 3 hours they played outside. On their own. They are outside now, plus a neighbor kid. Kristin and Grace made up a "game" where they ride these little riding toys that Grace got for her 1 year old birthday (she's almost 5 now) down the incline that is our backyard. They did that for 3 hours yesterday. Riding down the hill, running back up carrying the "car." Fortunately, we happen to have 3 riding toys (all given to Grace on the same birthday) so no one, heaven forbid, has to take turns or share.

You might be saying, "Wow, Katie! 3 hours! That's great! You must have a lot of time to get a lot of stuff done around the house!" To this I say, "Heck, NO!" I get myself a book, a cocktail and I chill. It is the life, isn't it! It's just a precursor to how I plan to spend my summer; out by the pool, with a book and something to drink, maybe a snack, a couple of magazines. I'll jump in the pool when it gets too hot. I'll play with the kids for a bit here and there. But mostly, I plan to chill.

God has truly blessed our family. I get to stay home with my kids. I don't need to work. I have a husband, who, although appreciates a clean home and freshly ironed shirts, does not complain if he comes home to a sandy house with every room littered with toys or if he has to iron his own clothes for the day. (He does protest if I say we are having sandwiches or breakfast for dinner, but that's another post for another day). Love you, hon! :) We live in a neighborhood with a pool that is rarely used by our neighbors allowing us to feel like we have our very own pool without all the fuss and expense. We live in a beautiful part of the country. We live in America. I could go on and on about the ways He has blessed us and takes care of us. For now, I'm just thankful for the warmer weather and that my kids like to play outside. As Kristin puts it, she's and "outdoor girl."





2 comments:

  1. I love these days!!!! (weather and kids)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha...I have to laugh. The boys and Gracie use those same riding toys to ride down the driveway and "race." Most times all is fine...a couple of time we crash into the van or on the grass. It's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete