Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Field Trip #2

Our second "field trip of the summer was to the lake. A good friend of ours has a cabin on Lake Allatoona (I have NO idea how to spell this) and invited a bunch of us from our Bible study group over for the day. The girls had an absolute blast. It was nice for me too. Our family is finally at a point where I don't have to be on top of them, watching over them so closely anymore. I can actually sit down and have a conversation or heaven forbid, read a book! Our youngest is almost 3 and does very well in the water with arm floaties and the other 2 can swim on their own. Every time I have the slightest urge to procreate once more, I think of all the fun things we can do now that would not be so fun with a baby in the mix. Don't get me wrong, I love babies. They are so cute and tiny and they can't talk back yet! But they are a lot of work! Especially in the sun. In my opinion, hot sun and babies just don't mix. In some cases, outdoors and babies don't mix no matter what the weather is like. One of our larger "field trips" we have planned for the summer is a camping trip. Camping is something I would never do with a baby, have tried with a toddler and will never do again with a kid under 2.


Anyway, after an actual 5 hours of swimming, climbing and then rolling down the huge sand pile (that was to be spread around the beach area at some point), playing in the sand and running from the boys, I said it was time to go only to hear an emphatic chorus of "NOOOO!" They were not ready to leave. Too bad, so sad. I'm in charge. So we left. It was really a lot of fun though. Thanks, M for inviting us!







1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to finally have some kids that can entertain themselves. It's really a lot of fun now!

    ReplyDelete