Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Field Trips

This is the first official week of summer vacation. Last Friday was Kristin's last day of school. We don't really have any big plans for summer this year so I have planned a few little "field trips." Today we went hiking down by the river. Every time I spend time by the river, I am reminded of what a pretty area we really do live in. We had never hiked from this particular part before. It was beautiful and we will definitely be returning. The girls did great. We hiked for almost an hour which is a long time for a 2 year old who I refused to carry. Mind you, that did include numerous stops to pick a plant, pick up a big stick or rock, climb a rock, to gawk at a squirrel (since we don't have exotic animals like that in our own backyard. *hint of sarcasm in voice.*) or to stop for a mom insisted photo op. They had fun though and weren't ready to turn back when I thought it was time. Their 7, 5 and 2 year old minds were not able to compute with any relation to the future that although they weren't tired now, we still had the hike back. They were tired by the end. It was still a good time though. A successful field trip if I do say so myself. I've told them we'll go back and hike further along the river and maybe wade in a little when we are better prepared (i.e. snacks, drinks, a towel for drying off) and when daddy can join us.







2 comments:

  1. Great pics, I have a few "field trips" planned - always look forward to making memories (and documenting with the camera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place. Glad it was such a successful outing!

    ReplyDelete