Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Camping

So we experienced one of our larger "field trips" of the summer this past weekend. We went camping on Jekyll Island. It was hot. But it was really fun. The kids really liked it and didn't want to leave. We only stayed 2 nights. I think I've decided that I am an only 2 or 3 night camper. There were some people at our campground there for 2 weeks and even months. Not for me. I love the outdoors and it makes me very happy that my hus and kids love it too, but I also love air conditioning and a nice soft mattress and a clean shower.


Regardless of all that, it was fun. I'm looking forward to when we can do it again. We were really only there for one whole day (got there Friday and left Sunday). Since Paul and I had to put the tent up during a pretty intense lightening storm, we decided to head to nearby St. Simons for dinner the first night. We spent Saturday morning at the beach and then after heading back to the campsite to shower and clean up, headed to the Georgia Sea Turtle Rescue Center. That was neat. Really big turtles.


Saturday night we roasted hot dogs and then marshmallows for smores for dessert. We found out Kristin is a budding pyro and Grace is not too far behind. We also found out that the roasting of the marshmallows is even more fun than eating them.


We took our time packing up Sunday morning. When we finally headed out, we decided to head home via Savannah. We intended to spend a little bit of the afternoon there but after I took too much hydrocodine (I had my wisdom teeth out a week ago and was taking this for pain) I started to feel really sick so we cut that part of the trip short and headed home. I think I slept most of the ride home.


Anyway, we made it home safe and sound and with a pack full of good memories. Here are a few pics from our trip.


























1 comment:

  1. Looks fun! We just got back from Destin, so I'm catching up on my blog reading!

    ReplyDelete