Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Beautiful Fall


Gosh, I love this time of year! It is so beautiful here now! Everywhere you look there are colors and more colors. Even parts of town that aren't usually known for their looks are picture book pretty. For the last week or so I have intended to get out and do a fall photo walk but just have not had the chance. Then it dawned on me as I was outside waiting for the kids to get home the other day that I can do my fall photo walk right in my own yard. We do have some pretty trees. Our yard is a beautiful mess right now.


There is a tiny part of me that for some reason can find the negative in all this beauty. Although I love when the wind blows to see all the colorful leaves dance to the ground, it is a tiny reminder that it's all going to be over soon. Fall is my favorite time of year and unfortunately also the shortest season. Just as the leaves change and the air turns cooler, they all fall off the trees. And then it's gone. Over. I feel a since of urgency to hurry up and get in all my fav fall activities before I've missed it. I can't believe we are only a week away from Thanksgiving! And then it's on to Christmas! I love it, but Wow! Where did the time go?


So while waiting for the bus today, I decided to take my chance and try to preserve a little of this beautiful season.


Thank you, God for your wonderful creativity!






This is our street. Just ignore all the trash cans out for trash day.
Home sweet home. Come spring, I'll have to contrast this picture with what our yard looks like then. We have about 20 azalea bushes in our front yard alone. It's quite the flower barrage in the spring.



So there you have it. My fall photo "walk." Though I didn't go too far, I think I still got some good color pics.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry, typo earlier!)...

    Beautiful photos, Katie. God could have made the leaves to just turn brown and fall off, but instead He chose to give us a beautiful show of color, a feast for the eyes! It's my favorite time of year, too!

    ReplyDelete