Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hilar

Hilar (hill air)- short for hilarious. My sister in law, who is now in her 20s, was barely a teenager when Paul and I got married. In her youth, she was famous for coming up with odd words and idioms. Hilar was one of them. On occasion, I still like to use it.

For instance:

Saturday night, my hus and I went to see a comedian by the name of Brian Regan. Hilar! I laughed so hard I cried and then was sad I didn't bring my tissues. If you aren't familiar with Brian Regan, you should check him out. He is very clean and very funny. He just seems like a regular guy, who might go to your church, or who you might could run into at the grocery store, who happens to have a very funny outlook on life and is at ease sharing that outlook with 1000s of people. I wish I could share some of his jokes and stories with you but I am afraid me trying to tell them would not be good advertisement.
Unfortunately, I do not have a picture to post with this so you'll just have to imagine our good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment