Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Success

So, yesterday I told you of my t-shirt embellishment success and my inspiration from the way my fellow VBSers tweaked their neon green shirts. Another inspiration also came from VBS but with a different type shirt. My poor friend, Susan, who is cursed to be an Auburn fan (her hus went there) had her boys in the cutest AU t-shirts. I think she said her friend made them. This was indeed one of those times that I mentioned in my post yesterday when I said to myself, "I can make that!" And guess what! This time, success. It actually turned out pretty much how I envisioned. Actually better. See, my husband was blessed to attend the esteemed University of Alabama. Buying AL gear here in GA is kinda difficult due to lack of selection and high prices. (I got an AL shirt in AL this past weekend and paid $9 whereas I would have paid at least $15 in GA for the same shirt). So, inspired by my friend's kid's unfortunate orange and blue colored shirts, I decided to make my own.

I turned this:




Into this:




I say it turned out better because I hit the fabric store looking for material that was red with white polka dots and instead found red hounds tooth. Now, for the uninformed, hounds tooth has become a symbol of Bama pride ever since the famed coach from the 70s, Bear Bryant wore a black and white hounds tooth hat all the time. Couldn't find polka dots but found hounds tooth. Who woulda thought.

So I made a shirt for each of the girls. Now that I've had success, there's no stopping me! Who knows what I'll do next!


1 comment:

  1. nice! i noticed them at the theatre, but didn't have time to ask. they look great, even if they belong to the enemy. :)

    ReplyDelete